Celebrate Hope Center (CHC), a faith-based addiction recovery center, has made tremendous strides in helping those dealing with addiction find a way out of the darkness of their pain and into the light of a new life. It is our desire to not only continue to help these people in need, but to expand our reach and effectiveness even further.
CHC sees the addiction epidemic and crisis as a ripple effect that not only affects the life of the person addicted, but their loved ones, their workplace, and everyone around them. With this crisis growing in epic proportions as it has been, and with the countless lives in need of help, we have not only a requirement to grow, but a mandate to fill that empty space of need, and a rising necessity to help even more people battling addiction and their loved ones.
In order to sustain our current operations, and to fulfill this increasing need that this growing crisis has triggered, CHC requires more capital to adequately fulfill the mandate and effectively serve the community. The amount needed to successfully do this is $126,000 Per year.
Your consideration and prayerful support in this plea for assistance can help us save and change for the better, hundreds of lives each year. ….
Our organization, Celebrate Hope Center (CHC), has been in full operation for approximately three years. Our services are primarily all within Staten Island. The chief objective of CHC is to reach out to recovering addicts and give them the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical tools and sustainable resources they need to take control of the addiction, to begin to regain their dignity, restore relationships, and attain the life they were meant to live and to help them build a better life.
The funding we are seeking would permit us to hire ample employees in order to expand our current outreach and fulfill the growing demand for our services. It would allow us to purchase the additional materials needed and open up more safe spaces to aid those in recovery. Additionally, funding allows us to have more counselors on hand to service the new clients that will be reaching out to us due to our expanded outreach.
Addiction has been tearing our community apart at the seams. Virtually everyone on Staten Island has been affected by addiction either directly, or indirectly in some way. There is an apparent stigma that prevents individuals from seeking help openly, or for those affected by addiction to seek out the proper help for those they care about. There is, however a way to combat this dilemma, and at its base, the solution is to seek out a network of support. This support network, provided through the Celebrate Hope Center, can provide all the tools necessary for a person to not only arrest the addiction, but to overcome it and truly recover. The need for addiction counseling services is more evident now than it ever was, and Celebrate Hope Center is on the front-lines when it comes to reaching out to those in need of recovery.
Our primary objective is to be a light at the end of the tunnel for those who are seeking help and feeling hopeless; to provide a way out of what seems to be bondage and a life sentence for those involved in addiction. To be there to support them in their time of need and provide them with the resources necessary for their recovery.
Our presence is known on Staten Island and we are making a great impact, but sadly, it’s not enough. We cannot place a dollar amount on a life… Each person has an UN-quantifiable value and we need your help to make sure that not one of these valuable hurting people will slip through the cracks of society and not get the help they need.
We will continue to do outreach by representing our organization in person at events and in high traffic areas, by advertising our presence online, and by partnering with local businesses and foundations to let them know about the services we offer.
By funding CHC, it will permit us to efficiently offer more of the sustainable resources we provide, to more people. It will allow us to extend our hand to the many who still seem to have no hope; this is the core of who we are and heart of our name, Celebrate Hope. It is your funding that will help to save a life and give them a reason to Celebrate Hope once again. We do this through Christian faith-based programs that treat the complete person, body, soul and spirit; this is the differentiating factor that makes Celebrate Hope stand out among the rest, and the reason for our great success.
Although we call each beneficiary of our services a client, in the legal sense they are not, because all of our services that we provide through the Center, are provided absolutely free of charge. Our goal is to continue to freely give liberty back to people who have already lost enough.
· Support groups designed for everyone – Support groups for individuals where they can draw upon each other’s experience, strength, and hope to gain valuable insight on how to deal with life on its own terms without turning to substances to numb the pain. Since there is a ripple effect left by every individual dealing with addiction, there are also support groups for loved ones and family members that are affected by addiction, so that they can better learn how to cope with the devastation this affliction leaves behind. We teach them how they can best help the ones they love to find recovery, and to gain hope from the stories of those who have successfully overcome addiction.
o It is important to note that our programs focus on lifelong freedom and overcoming the addiction, while other centers embrace the failed notion of merely managing it.
· Long Term treatment placement – Sometimes an person needs an entirely new structure in their life to learn how to live without the use of substances. To this end, long-term treatment facilities provide a safe space for their recovery where they can learn how to rebuild and live their new life in an environment that applies the appropriate pressures at the appropriate times to further their recovery. Celebrate Hope provides this though our strategic in-house partner.
· Transitional coaching after care – Recovery is a process, and those newly clean and sober will need continuing support and accountability to help keep their life on track until they are strong enough to manage it on their own. Our center provides after care and coaching to aid those in recovery with this, and we also work with other programs that can provide the same services if said programs better fit our client’s needs. Celebrate Hope is here and available for anyone in need, and our coaches and facilitators always make themselves personally available to our clients and their families.
· Recovery Coaching one on one – Though group therapy is an excellent method of healing and building a new life, every person is an individual person with individual needs. Our recovery coaches will tailor a recovery plan with each of our clients individually to ensure that their unique needs are met and their unique concerns regarding their own capabilities are addressed.
· CRPA and CSAC-T Counseling – Officially licensed counseling services are available to ensure that the counseling our clients receive is from accredited and licensed staff who are trained to the degree necessary to provide their clients with a plan to help them achieve the highest quality of life.
· Detox referrals and placement – The first step in recovery is getting clean, and depending on the substances a client prefers it may be safest to do this in a medical environment so that all of their physical needs can be addressed. We work with local detox facilities that we can direct our clients to that ensures that the first days of their recovery are spent in a safe and secure environment that will provide for all their physical and mental health and hygiene needs.
· Intervention in home or hospital – Our staff is available to address those dealing with addiction who are not yet ready for recovery. We do our best to help them see they have a problem and that it is negatively affecting them and the ones they love. This service can be the turning point of an addict’s life, and at the very least provides family and loves ones with the knowledge that our organization is there to support them through their struggles in any way we can.
· Job Readiness – Once our clients are stable in their recovery it is important that they can find work to become a contributing member of society once again. A simple job is a great tool to help our clients develop responsible work ethic and budget management that is necessary for them to move on to the next stage of self-support.
· Resume writing class – We assist those seeking employment in developing a resume which can help carry them forward to the next stages of their new life.
· Narcan training – Narcan training is essential for anyone affected by addiction. Our training provides our clients, their families, and anyone desiring proper training to use Narcan to revive someone in case of an overdose. Narcan has been proven to save lives and is already responsible for saving many people in Staten Island and elsewhere.
· Community outreach – We care about our communities here in Staten island and our services are open to all. We participate in and hold events such as Knock out Addiction Night at SI Yankee Stadium, Heroes of Hope marches, Back to the Beach, concerts, community barbecues and sober activities as well as other workshops for our community. We also provide information and resources for those in need of food and clothing and other life issues.
We evaluate our success by the number of appointments made, the number of services offered, and via testimonials of those we have helped. An ever-increasing amount of these three factors are a sure sign that our outreach is becoming more successful. Every service we provide is accounted for in the strictest fashion that we may always have evidence available to show our donors that we are making a difference –though it is important to note that the personal information of any of our clients will be protected with the utmost privacy.
Celebrate Hope Center is a DBA and ministry of Xtreme Church, Inc., a 501c3 religious nonprofit organization. It is run as collaboration of churches and ministries that come together to combat the addiction crisis in the community and beyond. Celebrate Hope Recovery Center does not discriminate and our services are made available to any person dealing with addiction or in need regardless of religious or non-religious affiliation.
Celebrate Hope Center began almost three years ago and has been making steady progress in changing lives for the better, but as the crisis of addiction has become worse, there is a clear need to expand our operations to fill the growing voids where help is needed. Pastor Joe Chevere, Co-founder and Executive Director of Celebrate Hope Center has worked in the recovery field for many years and has a heart for the lost, the addicted and hurting people affected by addiction.
To become a monthly partner or give a one time donation please click the button below and thank you for your generosity!
Copyright © 2023 Celebrate Hope - Todos los derechos reservados.
Romans 5: 1-4